Re: MED: MDB Bloom Season

From: GWhite & LRader <bentfork@navix.net>

Mark, Maureen wrote:

> From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>
>
> I'm game.  I don't know that we could limit it to one in each class -- maybe
> we can agree on two or three.  But first we need a few volunteers from each
> zone.

Greetings,    Count me in on the bloom sequence project.  The zone maps indicate
that we are in Zone 5A, but I am in a cold pocket here in Lincoln, so usually
have bloom a few days to a week later than others in our local club.  I had the
first MDB bloom yesterday (April 22nd), but I know others in Lincoln with MDBs
blooming for over a week.  On the positive side, I have had my garden at peak
bloom a couple of times when others on our local tour were well past peak.
Sometimes, though, its just the opposite situation, but it makes for a more
interesting tour.  I usually go with USDA Zone 4 when purchasing perennials and
have not had as many losses as when I bought plants hardy to zone 5.  Anyway,
the bloom sequence project is a great idea.

Gary White,  in Lincoln, Nebraska,  where Linda says that zone 5 is on the south
side of the house and zone 4 on the north side, so I figure that puts the zone
4/5 boundary just south of the fish tank and north of the love seat in our
living room.

Has ONElist changed your life?
http://www.ONElist.com
Visit our homepage and share with us your experiences at ONElist of the Week!