Re: Bloom report:

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

More new stuff today.  BUTTERMILK BLUSH - this is a white
flushed pale apricot.  Pretty bloom where I didn't expect any
since the rhizome last summer looked pretty sad.  The foliage
is the most unattractive of all the TBs, narrow and floppy. Hope
it is first year growth and not a characteristic.  SUPERSTITION
- a nice older black.  STUDY IN BLACK - one of my favorites
and one of my best performers, this red black holds up pretty
well.  BRINDISI answered my question as to which photo was
more accurate - the one on Argyle Acres website or the
one on the Cayeaux website.  Well, neither, actually.  Mine
is not as red orange as the Cayeaux nor as streaked as the
Argyle photo.  It's not quite burnt orange, but close.  ASPECTS
OF LOVE is a peachy pink - pale pink with a touch of orange
tint.  NORDICA - the only white which will bloom this year.  Hasn't
grown real well, so the stalk is short and the bloom small.  About
like a BB.  Still, I like the red orange beard and it is the only white.
AMBER TAMBOUR - almost a mustard yellow but too gold.  It
really does have a good dose of amber.  WILD WEST - a brown
with burgundy in it.  GOLD GALORE - good name, reliable bloom
and a nice sheen to the blooms.  SEA WISP - medium blue LA
with yellow signals.  CAJUN SUNRISE a yellow/orange LA, bright
and colorful and a standout from afar.  WINTER'S ENCORE - an LA
which is white with a definite green cast.  ALL THE WAY - the last
arilbred is small, but with the aril features.  I wonder at the texture,
tho.  It has a crepe paper look which isn't described so am wondering
if insects have stung the bud or if the culture isn't quite right.

More visitors in the garden today.  It is interesting to hear their
viewpoints
and observe which blooms they find particularly appealing.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone !

Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist:  The leading provider of free e-mail list services!