Re: TB: Snow Flurry & other early bloomers & misc gifts, swaps

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: TB: Snow Flurry & other early bloomers & misc gifts, swaps
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 06:06:44 -0700

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

I said:
> last bloom on RASPBERRY JAM, pink ?IB, last
> bloom on CRIMSON SNOW,

and Dorothy ? replied:
> Linda:
> RASPBERRY JAM is a red-violet SDB.  More likely, your IB could be
> BLUSH (Hamblen 76)

Sorry for the confusion, the ?IB is the pink unknown from Larry
Doucette.  He also sent me about 10(!) starts of RASPBERRY JAM, which I
stuck everywhere.  It doesn't like it here very much and most plants
died, but I have about 3 that are still going.  Nothing like LITTLE
SHOWOFF, which Mark Cook (who I forgot to mention!) sent me a big wad of
also.  Yep, Mark, it has grown like a weed, as advertised!  But it
doesn't repeat bloom or fall bloom here, or at least it hasn't so far.
One clump out in the gravelly rows is like the pictures of SDBs I see in
catalogs - solid mass of bloom.  I think my erratic extremes of
temperatures dampens its exuberance a bit, but not this spring!

And before you ask, Christy Hensler, the rutabaga-rhizomed plicata TB
hasn't opened yet.  It seems a bit miffy here, & probably won't make it
thru a 'real' winter, but the others look like super sturdy characters.

Does SEASON TICKET rebloom for anybody?  Lauer's catalog says it's a

I would NEVER have ordered any of this early stuff from catalogs - too
likely to get creamed by freezes.  What fun.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
Yes, it is before 6 AM on a Saturday - I am itching to get out (with my
comfy new allergy mask) and see what's open today!

G-SHOCK SPORTS WATCH - Built Tough! Built Cool! G-SHOCK keeps you in
Sync!  Shock Resistant and Loaded with Features!  Electo-luminescent,
Satisfaction Guaranteed*No-Hassle Returns*Only $69 Free Freight in US