Re: MED: MDB Bloom Season

From: "Sterling Okase" <sterling_o@hotmail.com>

>From: Patsiris@aol.com
>
>.....unless the newer MDBs have changed from when I grew them, they
>would only bloom here about one year in ten because of our not cold
>enough winters.  I finally threw all of mine away
>and got SDBs instead.
>
>Pat in Dallas

Hi Pat,
I have heard this of the MDBs. Personally, I grow quite a number of
MDBs and have no trouble with them. Must be that I have just enough
cold to suit them. How long has it been since you've tried to grow
them? It seems to me that if you can grow SDBs, you should be able to
grow the MDBs as well since a lot of them these days come from SDB
breeding. Also, now they have two or three buds per stem. Ones that
are exceptional in my book (that would be for vigor, health and looks)
are PUPPET BABY, DAISY FRESH, MAYA MIST, TOOTH FAIRY, GRAPELET, JOLLY
JOEY, HEY THERE, GARDEN GNOME, BLUE WIND, CINNAMON APPLES and
SLEEPYTIME.

The only thing I don't like about the MDBs is that with such a small
plant, they sometimes get lost in the garden.

Iris Maniac,
Sterling (not Innerst)
Seattle, WA. Zone 8
AIS, KCIS, HIPS and MIS
And Friday Night Chat-o-phile
sterling_o@hotmail.com

Looking to expand your world?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist has over 115,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!