Re: SPEC : Iris Foetidissima seeds

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

Dennis Kramb wrote:

> >Howdy All,
> >     A quick query for thos in the know......
> >
> >     Do I. foetidissima seeds needs stratification (i.e cold
> >treatment) to germinate?  I just got some fresh seeds of I. foet. and
> >I'd like to get them going, but wanted to ask about soaking and
> >refridgeration first?

It reseeds it self prodigiously here in CA and I get essentially no freeze and
few days below 28F.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:
http://members.home.net/jijones

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Have you visited the new ONElist home page lately?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist: The Leading e-mail list and community service on the Internet!