REF: a little thanks to Bill Shear

From: ItsRoTalk@aol.com

 I went to my in-laws today and was talking with my mother-in-law about what
Irises I had in bloom. She said I just had to come see hers that were
blooming. I truly expected to see the old blue flags, since I knew she had a
patch of them. We went outside and started walking down the driveway, away
from her flower beds. I was a little confused to say the least! Her house is
in the middle of 17 acres of woods. We went down a ways and then she stepped
off the drive into the leaves and said, "Look!!". I can't believe I didn't
notice them before! The whole ground was covered in beautiful purple flowers,
very small but no mistaking them as anything but Iris! I was so excited that
I dug a few up and brought them home. Then I got out Bill's book and started
looking for them. Iris Cristata!!! (hope I spelled that right!) I had never
seen them before and was just amazed at how delicate they are. I just hope
that I can get them started in my yard!
 Thanks Bill!!! If it hadn't been for your book, I wouldn't have known what
these cuties were!

Joni in Ga
zone 7b
where my Siberians should be open any day now!!

Show mom you love her.  Check out our great Mother's Day Gifts!
14K Gold and gemstone jewelry, leather and cloth wallets and purses,
gardening, gourmet, kitchen, more! Free Shipping in the US!