CONV: Silent Auction

From: Irisborer@aol.com

Yesterday we had our REGION 2 Board meeting..... and one of the Directors
brought examples of a line of iris goods she is carrying.  Folks... these are
TDF for anyone who collects iris stuff.

Everything features art nouveau style irises in pewter...  there is a set of
pate knives with iris handles... a cake server and knife (same), various
vases of heavy crystal with a pewter iris on the front... picture frames and
so on.

Kathyguest came home with the pate/spreader set and an extraordinary bowl set
in a pewter iris basket/stand.  I'm so in love with it.

The items aren't inexpensive, but the value is there.  And I would be happy
to give more info to anyone who wants it (privately, please).

But, my point is THIS...... I solicited a wonderful pewter and marble cheese
set from her for the AIS Silent Auction at the upcoming convention..... which
reminds me that this is a worthy thing to donate to, if anyone has a mind to.

AIS has been doing this for only 2 or 3 years.  They auction off old/rare
iris books, catalogs, copper plates, and iris doo dads - as well as certain
plants.  If anyone needs more info, please give me a shout and I'll (try)
fill in the blanks.

This is great fun for those of us who attend conventions...... and maybe
we'll someday be able to throw a few things on-line.... .EBay-style.

Kathy Guest in a sunny
E. Aurora, NY

G-SHOCK SPORTS WATCH - Built Tough! Built Cool! G-SHOCK keeps you in
Sync!  Shock Resistant and Loaded with Features!  Electo-luminescent,
Satisfaction Guaranteed*No-Hassle Returns*Only $69 Free Freight in US