Re: Bloom report:

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

Not so many new ones today.  Cooler weather and on the
downhill slide of spring iris season.  Some scapes coming
up on a few daylilies are a sure indication that iris bloom
will be over all too soon.  I. fulva today.  What a neat little
jewel in a unique color.  I have anticipated this one and have
not been let down.  SINFONIETTA - another LA and identical
to the smallest detail to the one labeled ANN CHOWNING
which bloomed yesterday.  Apparently the supplier sent two
rhizomes of S instead of 1 ea of S and AC.  A seedling from
BLACK GAMECOCK which would be a self since BG was
the only LA here at the time.  Dark red purple self with only
a pencil line width of yellow for a signal. Styles are exactly
the same shade as the standards and falls.  A bit more
rounded form than BG and four stalks on the maiden bloom.
Another of the rhizomes given to me as LORD JEFF, this
time with apricot rose standards and apricot burgandy falls
bearing a fine line edge the same color as the falls and a
beard which could best be described as orange rose.  A
different color than any other irises I grow.  The givee insists
that all they grow is LORD JEFF; not for me to argue the
matter further.  But they describe their blooms as purple
and neither of mine could be described as purple.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7 - with some of the irises sending up a second
wave of stalks.  How nice!

You can now easily share photos and documents with your fellow list members
Check out our homepage for details on how to use our new shared files feature!