Re: Bloom Sequence Project Update

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: HIPSource@aol.com
> I'm sure it goes without saying, but I'll beg the obvious and note that
> the indicator irises would also need to be ones which are quite widely
> Anner Whitehead

Another point well taken, and as Dorothy Willott observed the ideal
indicator cultivar should be neither too old or too new. Not too old so
that it is representative of the bulk of cultivars in its class being grown
in most gardens (with exception for any cultivars specifically chosen to
serve as indicators for historic irises), and not too new so that it has a
track record of performance and is already widely distributed. It is for
these reasons that I was pleased to discover that, in my garden at least,
HONKY TONK BLUES appears to be a prime candidate for an indicator cultivar
in the TB class.

Bloom Sequence Project Coordinator

Did you know that we add over 1,000 new e-mail communities every day?
Explore a new hobby, discover a new friend, laugh at a new joke!