Re: Bloom Sequence Project Update

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 4/25/99 1:20:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jcwalters@bridgernet.com writes:

<< (with exception for any cultivars specifically chosen to  serve as
indicators for historic irises), >>

And here one needs to bear in mind the question of misnamed cultivars in
circulation---actually that may be a problem overall whether folks are aware
of the problem or not---so distinctiveness could be a real useful attribute.
For instance, with the historics I'd say MA MIE--very dependable in my
garden---rather than MME CHEREAU, about which much confusion abounds
everywhere--QUAKER LADY--grown everywhere, dependable, and looks like herself
alone--and so forth. I've got a list of diploids around here somewhere. I'll
fish it out and take a look at it later and do some thinking. I'm in the
garden messing about today.

Bloomstalks up on MA MIE. Lovely little iris, to grow it is to love it,
picture on the HIPSpage yada yada, ditto QL yada yada

Anner Whitehead

Did you know that we add over 1,000 new e-mail communities every day?
Explore a new hobby, discover a new friend, laugh at a new joke!