Re: Bloom Sequence Project Update

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: Irisborer@aol.com
> A question.....  would it be helpful to include other plants in bloom at
> same time??

One of the strong points of our favorite genus - Iris - is that there are
forms that grow and bloom in every Zone from 2 to 10 at least. This is not
true for many other plant groups. There are many plnats that are commonly
grown in gardens in California and the Deep South that you or I could not
grow as garden plants and vice versa. There are acid-loving plants that I
expect can be grown in your area that are nearly impossible here and alpine
and semi-desert plants that flourish here that would turn to mush in your
humid climate.

My opinion, for what it is worth, is that in the start-up phase of this
project, at least, we concentrate on irises and do not include other

Bloom Sequence Project Coordinator

Have you visited the new ONElist home page lately?
ONElist: The Leading e-mail list and community service on the Internet!