From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

I don't know how many of you are members of the Median section, but probably
a fair number of you are.  I read with interest an article about using IBs
in breeding.  Since my daughter is interested in reblooming iris, she
decided to run an experiment on IB fertility herself.  Two of our best
rebloomers are IBs.  They are Precious Little Pink and Constant Companion.
She never used them in hybridizing before because she believed IBs were
infertile.  She crossed Constant Companion x Precious Little Pink several
times.  She has seed pods on each flower.  She also crossed Precious Little
Pink x Tropical Sunset OGB and has seed set.  She has used Blast as well,
but it is too soon to report.  She has used Precious Little Pink extensively
so far.  We will report to this list how it crossed with Apricot Drops and
several arilbred medians when we know.

Cindy Rust, Zone 5b, Missouri.  P.S.  Lowell Baumunk...Jim Morris brought a
beautiful stalk of your new IB rebloomer Midsummer's Eve (?) to the early
show.  What an elegant mink finish, wow!  With Stephie's IB project doing so
well, can we add to our order?!

Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
ONElist:  The leading provider of free e-mail list services!