Re: Spring Bloom Season

From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

First TB opened this morning (one day late; show yesterday) and is Call
Ripleys (good name!).  Four branches, 12 buds.  Several siberians with
stalks and color.  Think the typhifolia died, after doing well for two
years...?  First BB bloomed too, called Alva.  Strange color.  Still a few
MDBs going, SDBs, IBs, MTBs with stalks include Apricot Drops, Payoff and
Crystal Ruffles.  Good seed set on Apricot Drops.  Payoff should open any
day; a bit longer for Crystal Ruffles.  TBs near to opening are Buckwheat
and Misty Lady.  New IBs that have impressed here are Protocol (opening one
day late for the show!) and Mary Constance from Great Britian.  But the one
still seen first from far away is Blast, although it is blooming very short
on the first stalk.  A few more arilbreds with stalks including Sheba's
Jewel.  Stephanie has always wished to show an arilbred because they never
bloom during our show season.  To those of you on the list that remember her
question about refrigerating an arilbred stalk, it worked!  She finally got
to take one (Absalom's Treachery) that was a bonus plant from the ASI sale.
She did get a blue ribbon and first runnerup to Youth Queen with it.  She
received favorable comment on it from visitors to the mall where the show
was held while she was grooming it and putting it on the table.  They loved
the size, jewel colors and big signal spot.  Diversity is the key to a
really interesting show, or so the public has told us many times!

Cindy Rust, Missouri...Christy, I see you reported on the show.  I didn't
get to see you there and would really have liked to meet you.  Are you
coming to the late (beardless)show at the Botanical G.?

Has ONElist changed your life?
Visit our homepage and share with us your experiences at ONElist of the Week!