(iris-talk) TB CULT advice needed

From: "Cheryl A. Burch" <Cher541@prodigy.net>

Hi Everybody!
      I've been lurking here for awhile just enjoying the list and trying
not to be too envious over the bloom reports.  My yard has finally started
to come alive.  GENTLE GRACE and TAR HEEL ELF are out and looking very sweet
mixed in and around some lavender english hyacinths.  On my last tour of the
garden several bloom stalks have appeared, YAY!!
       Thanks to the arrival of several Iris catalogs I'm very confused now!
I have to cut back on my list or go completely broke!!  Last year I
purchased BLACK TIE AFFAIR and I know I won't be seeing any bloom this year.
The plants are pretty puny and didn't increase a great deal. I'm very
disappointed, it is a beautiful Iris. I want another black Iris.  I have
SUPERSTITION, INTERPOL, and BLACK DRAGON.  Any recommendations?  Something
that is reliable in this region?  14 I think.
         I'm also interested in planting some of my extra Irises in
containers.  What is the recommended height, depth for growing TB's?
Living in The Willamette Valley  and finally enjoying Spring

Did you know that we add over 1,000 new e-mail communities every day?
Explore a new hobby, discover a new friend, laugh at a new joke!