HIST:pumila atroviolacea

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

What is 'pumila atroviolacea?'  Given the history it is surely not a true
Iris pumila.  Is it instead a form of Iris lutescens ('I. chamaeiris')?
One still sees lutescens-type dwarfs offered today by general nurseries as
"Iris pumila."

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
FAX (804)223-6374

Show mom you love her.  Check out our great Mother's Day Gifts!
14K Gold and gemstone jewelry, leather and cloth wallets and purses,
gardening, gourmet, kitchen, more! Free Shipping in the US!