Re: Spring Bloom

From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>

With all the reports coming in about bloom, I'm envious.

We had a sudden burst of Spring (complete with sunshine and warm rains) just after I'd sent the letter of complaint. Long enough to send the daylilies and irises that needed to be shipped into high gear. Weather reports for the next week suggest that our temps will be falling to below freezing again for a while so what we've enjoyed for the past few days must have been a "loaner".

I do have one iris in bud! Courtesy of Mike Greenfield. It's in a pot in the sunroom and couldn't be happier. (I haven't shown it the great outdoors yet).

Keep the reports coming. Spring has to sneak north sooner or later.

Christy Hensler
Newport, WA z4b

Looking for the perfect gift for a friend?
http://www.ONElist.com
Tell them about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!