Re: HIST:pumila atroviolacea

From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

Bill, we grow Atroviolacea and it closely resembles a seedling (from SIGNA
seed) of Suslik.  I believe Suslik is a pumila.  Atroviolacea is very tough
and repeat blooms here usually.  But, this year we had only a few blooms on
the clump, nothing like its usual cloud of bloom.  Its been in the same
place for three years.  Maybe it needs dividing, but Jean Morris told us to
be very careful moving any MDB around, or even cutting a piece from the
clump, because it could sulk and die.  Lots of little rhizomes, so must take
the chance, I guess.

Cindy Rust, Zone 5b, Missouri

Looking for the perfect gift for a friend?
Tell them about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!