Re: Chromosome Counts (was HYB: IBXIB)

From: Sandy Ives <rives@home.com>

I understand Tony Huber used to do chromosome counts (at least from what I
understood at the JI seminar at the Royal Botanical Gardens in 1997).

My local sources suggest a price of $200 per shot.  I suggest that is cheap
considering the effort and the upfront capital cost.  I keep thinking of
starting it up (due to my desire to ensure whenever I get I. perrieri, I
actually have I. perrieri instead of I. aphylla.), but I don't want to put out
the capital cost.

Christy, would you know whether the gentleman in question would be up to writing
'Chromosome Counting for Dummies'?

Sandy Ives  (zone 4ish, who no longer has I. reticulata in bloom, and still
hasn't the MDBs)

G-SHOCK SPORTS WATCH - Built Tough! Built Cool! G-SHOCK keeps you in
Sync!  Shock Resistant and Loaded with Features!  Electo-luminescent,
Satisfaction Guaranteed*No-Hassle Returns*Only $69 Free Freight in US