HYB: chromosome counts

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>>We have no way of knowing what is happening with the
>If knowing the C count is really important on something like this, >why not find someone (then beg, plead, cooerce) to do the counts for >you?  Christy Hensler     Newport, WA z4b

Christy, can you tell us more about Chromosome counts? (or does anyone else on list have any information?)
Is an electron microscope required, or can they be done on a standard laboratory microscope? (Lab microscopes are probably quite different to what I remember 20 years ago)
My oldest daughter is a research pharmacologist, so has access to equipment at work, and sufficient expertise. Second daughter is doing a science course at Uni. If it is not terribly complex, I may be able to persuade one of them to help me out.
I would need to know a bit about taking sections, staining etc. Also depends on how time consuming it would be.
I feel that only a few fertile IB's would need to be counted to start to give a general picture of what is happening at the cellular level.
This would be a very interesting project.
Cheers, Jan Clark

G-SHOCK SPORTS WATCH - Built Tough! Built Cool! G-SHOCK keeps you in
Sync!  Shock Resistant and Loaded with Features!  Electo-luminescent,
Satisfaction Guaranteed*No-Hassle Returns*Only $69 Free Freight in US