Re: HIST:pumila atroviolacea

From: DWiris@aol.com

In a message dated 4/26/99 5:24:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
e_galla@moose.ncia.net writes:

<< I also don't know what any seedlings of Suslik look like since I
 	have never had a successful cross using Suslik. But I think Suslik
 	has an entirely different look than Atroviolacea. The color is
 	different (tho similar) and the beards look very different (not
 	only in color). Suslik's standards are wider and taller than
 	Atroviolacea among other things. >>

We don't grow SUSLIK, but got SIGNA seed that was out of SUSLIK and have
three seedlings blooming.  Two are purple and one is yellow.  One of the
purples and the yellow have rather large and floppy blooms, but the other
purple is smaller and better formed in a deep red violet self.  While we will
keep all three for now, we are working with the smaller one.

Dorothy Willott

Did you know that knowledge is power?
http://www.ONElist.com
Join a new ONElist e-mail community and strengthen your mind!