Re: OT-Welcome Gene

From: "GeneBush" <genebush@otherside.com>

Hello to All of You,
	Thank you very much for the warm welcome both here and back channel. Quite
a response to a newcomer.
	It would seem none of you have any sense of shame... in particular this
J.F. Hensler individual who comes right out and hooks me the first 24 hours
on the list with a new line of pursuit in species Iris.... sigh. Here we go
again.
	Thank you Christy (?) and one & all.
	Gene Bush     Southern Indiana    Zone 6a     Munchkin Nursery
          around the woods - around the world
genebush@otherside.com     http://www.munchkinnursery.com

----------
> From: J.F. Hensler <hensler@povn.com>
> Subject: [iris-talk] Re: OT-Welcome Gene
> Date: Sunday, April 25, 1999 3:04 PM
>
> From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
>
> Hi Gene,
>
> Nice to see you're interested in the beardless forms.
>
> If you're a purist or traditionalist.... Brace yourself. Some new ideas
on iris evolution are being tested by a few, but we try to keep mention of
them to a minimum so as not to offend the many. :)

> If you're excited by the unusual, Judy's right and you'll be amused and
entertained.

> One new beardless you'll hear about occasionally here, is called an
Ensiberian (JI X Sib). Though only 3 have so far have shown 2n=26 out of 4
tested, there are over 30 giving indications of being hybrid and most are
fertile.  A number of members should be really starting to play with them
this season and a mention may now and then creep into polite society.

> Crested, setosa, Sibs, fulva, psuedacorus, and crosses are also popular
with some in this group and you'll find more forms growing in more areas of
the country than you imagined. There are also separate lists that discuss
individual species.

> On the whole, you'll find a wealth of good information and ideas on-list
and enough private pages to tour iris gardens to keep you busy for months.

> Welcome aboard.
>
> Christy Hensler
> Newport, WA z4b
> http://www.povn.com/rock/

> Show mom you love her.  Check out our great Mother's Day Gifts!
> 14K Gold and gemstone jewelry, leather and cloth wallets and purses,
> gardening, gourmet, kitchen, more! Free Shipping in the US!
>           http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe5

Did you know that knowledge is power?
http://www.ONElist.com
Join a new ONElist e-mail community and strengthen your mind!