Re: Bloom report:

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

Will they never stop?  All too soon, I'm afraid.  I've mentioned
this one earlier, but I. fulva had two more of last years purchases
bloom (I wasn't taking chances on this one) and they are different
from the first one.  Still obviously I. fulva, but this time a bit larger
and more rosy than terra cotta in color.  Also, the first had a flat
bloom whereas this one has more pendant falls with erect little
standards.  How much variation is normal in a species.  I will
have to segregate these last two from the first so they don't get
all mixed up.  New TBs were UNFORGETTABLE FIRE, very nice
and definitely leaves an impression of red.  The other is QUITO,
an orange with a bit of rose in the standards and uppur part of
the falls and a lot of nutmeg thrown in.  Not as orange as some
of the earlier varieties, but still an orange effect.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7 - who keeps waiting for someone to tell me that those
purple buds are correct for GREEN AND GIFTED.

Looking for the perfect gift for a friend?
http://www.ONElist.com
Tell them about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!