Re: HYB: Chromosome Counts

From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>

Sharon,

If you've got a copy of Howard Shockey's article, would you consider sending it out to all of us along with the basic "shopping list" (what power microscope, etc.)?

I'd love to try this not just on the Ensibs but a number of unknowns in the garden.

Jan,

Afraid to say I don't know much about doing the counts except how tedious it can be. It took a huge amount of effort on the part of Sharon, Rodney, and a number of other very generous (and patient) people to communicate to me what I was looking at and what I should be focusing on in the counts. (I learn most things visually and the language of botany is SO overwhelming at times anyway!)

It's a sure bet that the more of us doing this, the easier it may become as well. I'll see if I can get Sam to send a copy of the method he uses.

Christy Hensler

Newport, WA z4b

Looking to expand your world?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist has over 115,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!