Re: CULT: Spring Bloom

From:  Leslie Liddiard  <liddiard@esn.net>
Hi All,
Today was the first day that I was able to really go out and see what was blooming since last week.  It was an incredibly hectic weekend.  My husband had a fairly minor motorcycle accident on Saturday afternoon.  He broke five ribs and spent the night in the hospital.  He's doing better as long as you don't ask him to do anything more than sit.  So, I'm having to pick up the slack and do the chores he usually does.
Today I found Duke of Earl, High Ho Silver, Immortality, Pink Attraction, White Reprise, Winesap, Tang Fizz, and Alabaster Unicorn in full bloom as well as Carolina Gold, Saturday Night Live, Mill Valley, Lady Serena, First Love, and Arc de Triumph.  Conjuration, Thornbird, Coastal Mist, Silver Shadows, Cherry Sparkler, Startler, and several others are showing color.  We should be at peak bloom within the next week.  I plan on taking a short trip up to Loleta Powell's garden in the next few days to take a look at her garden.  I'm sure it's beautiful as always.
The trip out to look at the iris beds was the highlight (and most relaxing part) of my day.  I'll be really sorry when bloom season is over.  Oh, but then I can look forward to the rebloomers.
Hope everyone is having a great season.
Leslie Liddiard
Goldsboro, NC
AIS, HIPS, RIS    Zone 8