Re: HYB: Chromosome Counts

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Thanks, Sharon.  Any chance that someone can bring a copy to the convention?
Sandy was just saying the other day that we should refresh our memories and
consider setting something up.  It's been more than 10 years since either of
us did any serious lab work.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)

> From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>
> If you really want chromosome counts, I strongly recommend the
> do-it-yourself approach.  The real value is not in just the count, but in
> what you can learn from the slides themselves.
> The 1991 ASI YB has a detailed how-to article on the subject, written by
> Howard Shockey.   It can be done in a home "laboratory"  -- and in the
> iris
> world, it almost always is.  Howard set up his lab in his garage, and
> describes all of the equipment and supplies needed as well as step by step
> instructions on how to prepare, analyze, and record the specimens.
> Sharon McAllister
> 73372.1745@compuserve.com

Share the wealth!
Tell a friend about ONElist's 130,000 free e-mail communities!