From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

First siberian opened today.  It is Shadowed Eyes and it is really pretty.
More rounded edges and a "shadowed" area on the upper part of the falls.
Many more siberians with stalks up, some with color.  Looks like peak bloom
could hit here in a week or two; before our main show, of course!

I would like to report to this list that the TB clump, Easter Lace has good
bloom stalks up.  This is a three year old clump from which I have never
gotten bloom on yet.  It is still here because I long to see it bloom, ever
since I read its description.  It gets nailed here every year by the first
good frost after any warm spell.  If you recall, it is one of the clumps
that I tried the aspirin water on.  Could be coincidence, but it is the
first year its come through.  Can't find any rot.  So, this aspirin water
thing merits further experimenting in my gardens.

Several second year blooms that have impressed this year that didn't their
first year are Call Ripleys (TB) and Protocol (IB).  I had decided to toss
them last year, but ran out of time.  Good thing!  Betty Wilkerson's article
in the new RIS bulletin about not tossing first year bloom plants was right
on the money!  I do undoubtedly have too many plants, but I have learned not
to toss them on first year bloom.  This is thanks to judges training and
articles like the one written by Betty.

So many things in bloom, impossible to mention them all.  But, I do want
Gary Sides to know that Misty Lady will be opening any day now and I am
lying in wait for it with pollen!

Cindy Rust, Missouri

Did you know that knowledge is power?
Join a new ONElist e-mail community and strengthen your mind!