Re: HIST:pumila atroviolacea

From: Tom Tadfor Little <tlittle@telp.com>

><< What is 'pumila atroviolacea?'  Given the history it is surely not a true
> Iris pumila.  Is it instead a form of Iris lutescens ('I. chamaeiris')? >>

I think it's usually taken to be a hybrid between I. pumila and one of the
lutescens dwarfs.

Tom Tadfor Little                   tlittle@telp.com
Santa Fe, New Mexico (USA)
Telperion Productions           http://www.telp.com/

G-SHOCK SPORTS WATCH - Built Tough! Built Cool! G-SHOCK keeps you in
Sync!  Shock Resistant and Loaded with Features!  Electo-luminescent,
Satisfaction Guaranteed*No-Hassle Returns*Only $69 Free Freight in US