Re: Bloom report:

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

Too warm here.  The blooms have a short lifespan in temps which
get too high.  New today was JUAN VALDEZ.  This was frozen out
completely last year.  It is more than three weeks later in sending
up a bloom stalk.  More memory?  Nice brown and gold combo, tho.
Similer to LUMIERE D'AUTOMN, but larger and not quite as brown.
VIRGA - I had it in my mind this was a reverse amoena, but probably
have it wrong and can't find my info at the moment.  In any case, it
is an amoena with a swirled blue lavender effect in the falls and pale
yellow beard.  What was bought as BOSS TWEED bloomed as an
amoena with tailored pale blue falls, pretty enough but not very
distintive.

The I fulvas which bloomed subsequent to the first one are a more
distinct pink after a day in the sun.  The terra cotta model also faded,
but cannot be described as pink.  The foliage is slightly different on
these as well.  The pink has wider leaves and is a lighter green than
the terra cotta.  Also, I have to note that after the visiting bovines ate
all these off last winter, the pink grew back quickly as did all the other
LAs.  The only one which was slow to put out regrowth was the terra
cotta, which was slow enough that at one time I thought it might not
be going to recover from the munching.  So, two stalks on the terra
cotta and only one each on the two clumps of the pink.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7

Are you hogging all the fun?