CULT: Bloom Sequence Project - Convention Hiatus

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

Judy Hunt wrote:

> Jeff, for those of us going to the convention who will miss a lot of
bloom in
> our gardens, how do you suggest we handle our recording?  Dean and I will
be
> away for a full week since we have two travel days there and two back.  I

> suppose that when we return, I will just have to record what has bloomed
for
> the first time since we left.  Will this throw the tracking off too much?

> Drat -- this is the drawback to having convention within driving distance
and
> near the same bloom zone!

Judy,

I can empathize with your dilemma since I faced the same situation last
year when the Denver Convention coincided with peak bloom in my home
garden. For any BSPers who are going to be away from their garden while
attending the AIS Convention (or for any other reason), I would make the
following recommendations with respect to their data collection for the
project:
	1) If the first bud was almost open before you left, assume it opened the
following day;
	2) If the first flower appears to be freshly opened when you return home,
assume it opened the previous day;
	3) If you are gone for one week or less, assume that anything else that
opened while you were away did so half way through the time you were gone;
	4) If you are gone for more than one week, enjoy your trip and resume your
observations and data recording when you return home.

Jeff Walters
jcwalters@bridgernet.com
BSP Coordinator

Looking for an easy, effective way to research an important topic?
http://www.onelist.com
Joining a ONElist community is your answer.