Re: CULT: Bloom Report

From: r a s <ras357@juno.com>

Hello all,
I am getting intoxicated with all the new blooms happening,  as we speak!
We,  like many of you,  are experiencing just WEIRD weather, which seems
to be normal anymore. We had 80* temperatures, then frost, then rain and
clouds! Today was the first day of just BEAUTIFUL weather in over a week.
Thank goodness, because I was starting to wonder why I ever got into this
Our recent introductions to our garden are rearing their fantastic colors
and now it
is starting to get the juices flowing again!!!   Thank goodness for
I was very excited today to see for the first time...COALIGNITION
it opened just before a rain shower and it does not spot!! A gorgeous
dark burgandy with BRIGHT gold beards. Another unusual joy was to see
ZING ME (Blyth90)IB, a creme with a brown spot and dark brown
beard...kind of reminds you of cold frosty root beer!!
The week long cool spell has slowed the budding process down, which is
good. I finally have a chance to enjoy the SDB and IB Iris. So often they
are frozen out by those late Spring freezes which this part of the
country encounters so much of.
Last year,  for example,  we had a late freeze and it slowed everything
down. When it warmed up, ALL  the Iris bloomed at the same time, even in
the same clump. You did not spend too much time looking at one particular
plant for fear  the others would be bloomed off. Hopefully this will be,
for us, a more NORMAL year to enjoy!!
Rejoice in the beauty and take time out to stop and smell the IRIS!!!
Take care and best of the season to you all!!
Rod Suchy
Wichita, Kansas
Reg18 KS/MO
zone 6

G-SHOCK SPORTS WATCH - Built Tough! Built Cool! G-SHOCK keeps you in
Sync!  Shock Resistant and Loaded with Features!  Electo-luminescent,
Satisfaction Guaranteed*No-Hassle Returns*Only $69 Free Freight in US