Re: TB: Schreiner seedling FF 944A

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: TB: Schreiner seedling FF 944A
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 05:19:04 -0700

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

I said:
>From notes in Phil Williams' garden in Tennessee a year or two back:
 Schreiner FF 944A - WOWEE, bright dark intense pink.

And Diana Winship replied:
> Yes, it's being introduced this
> year as MAGICAL ENCOUNTER for $50.00. I'm not crazy about the photo in
> the catalog though, since the standards are too open for me though. Did
> they look that way in Phil's garden?

Oh ick!  That is an awful picture.  I have no recollection of it looking
at all like that!  As I recall it was just an ordinary looking flower,
but I may have been so taken with the color and lack of freeze injury as
to overlook the form.

Now to begin the 3 yr wait till the price gets low enough to buy it
somewhere else.

Thanks Diana.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA

Did you know that ONElist now offers the richest set of
group communications tools on the Internet?
Check out our homepage for details on these new tools!