Re: CULT: BSP - Provisional Indicators List (Clarification)

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

BSPers,

After I posted the Provisional Indicators List to Iris-talk last night, I
received expressions of concern from participants about the number of
additional irises that would have to be added to their collection in order
to keep up with the project.

Let me clarify the purpose of our initial Indicator's List. It is expected
that participants will observe the bloom behavior of the cultivars on this
list that they are already growing in their gardens so that we can identify
the most suitable indicators and narrow the list down to no more than three
of the best indicators per class, which will be the basis on which we carry
the project into next year's bloom season. There is no suggestion at this
point that BSPers rush out and acquire every cultivar on the initial
indicator's list.

Also, no participant is expected to grow a class of irises that is a very
difficult subject in their location, even though that class is included in
the project as a whole.

I have been receiving some excellent additional nominations for indicator
cultivars and will post these to Iris-talk this evening so everyone can
take a look at them.

Happy Irising!

Jeff Walters
BSP Coordinator

----------
> From: Irisborer@aol.com
> To: iris-talk@onelist.com
> Subject: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: Bloom Sequence Project - Provisional
Indicators List
> Date: Wednesday, April 28, 1999 3:09 AM
>
> From: Irisborer@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 4/27/1999 11:50:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> jcwalters@bridgernet.com writes:
>
> << Herewith the List: >>
>  TB: Before The Storm, Honky Tonk Blues, In Town, Lemon Mist, Ma Mie
(H)*,
>  Quaker Lady (H)*, Silverado
>
> Hi Jeff:  You've already done an impressive job of getting cultivars
> together.... and I've sent you a few additional suggestions privately.
>
> Following your guidelines, I would ask that you reconsider some of the
TB's
> listed, however.... most especially IN TOWN, a know rotter.......
followed
> closely by HONKY TONK BLUES, which many folks are reporting to be a shy
> bloomer.
>
> Just one person's opinion.
>
> In their place, may I suggest DUSKY CHALLANGER, and WITCHING.
>
> Also, I have a recommendation for the IB class.... how about MAUI
MOONLIGHT??

> Kathy Guest
> E. Aurora, NY.... where JAZZAROO is on the very cusp of blooming...

> Grow your list the most and receive a $5000 donation
> to the charity of your choice.
> http://www.onelist.com
> See our homepage for details on our new ONEreach incentive programs.

Cooking, health, entertainment, travel, politics, business...
http://www.onelist.com
Whatever your interest, ONElist has something for everyone!