CULT: Bloom report

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

More praise for 'Snugglebug.'  Today I counted 22 open blooms on this first
year plant.  There appear to be 7 unbloomed increases, so I can hardly
imagine what it will look like next year. 'Inner Peace' is also a lovely
little thing that reminds me of a miniature 'Blue Sapphire' if anyone
remembers that lovely oldie.
'Pele' will finish up tomorrow--a full two weeks' bloom on this first year

Yep, the old fool is going MEDIAN CRAZY!

The Intermediates are starting to come on, with 'Hot Spice', 'Dark
Blizzard' and 'Levity' leading the pack.  Pretty things all.  I guestimate
we are still a couple of weeks from good TB bloom, though some earlier
rebloomers like 'Autumn Bugler' and 'Buckwheat' have opened.

Appetite all whetted for the convention.  I want all my fans (iris fans,
get it? Heh, heh) to know that I will be talking to the rebloomer meeting
at 11 am on Wednesday, but not about rebloomers, of which I'm pretty
bone-ignorant (but learning fast) but about "Building a Garden of Irises,"
or how you can use the many types of irises to form the backbone of your
garden.  Rosalie and Clarence have assured me that the audience won't throw
things if I don't talk about rebloomers per se.  Then later I will do a
book signing at the storefront.  Can't wait to meet some of these fabled
names from the iris world.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
FAX (804)223-6374

Tired of empty chat rooms and out of date bulletin boards?
ONElist: Making the Internet Intimate