Re: AIS: Bulletin Sighting and other unusual sightings

From: Sandy Ives <rives@home.com>

It is with great pleasure and delight that I can announce the arrival of the
April '99 bulletin in Canada, this only a month after the arrival of the January
'99 bulletin.

My thanks to those (e-mailed privately) who took action on this problem,
especially to the resident of the stately Guest manor and to Terry Aitken.

AND I feel somewhat better having read page 87 of the bulletin.  The last
addition and correction deals with "Joseph's Coat Katkamier" which was a source
of bemusement and irritation to me a couple of month's ago.  The correction
dealt with a statement in the Judges' Handbook (pg 140) which states the
cultivar could not be considered for an AIS award.

However, the most interesting idea was posed by Don Spoon (To Be a Bee...).  For
those who feel the Bloom Sequence Project is too much, this article on selfing
is a wonderful idea.  I will set aside space (what little we have) for the kids
and see what they can come up with.  It is an excellent project for a very
junior member (under 8).

Don challenges fifty (50!) people to become new hybridizers and brings forth the
ghost of "Debby Rairdon" as the pot at the end of this rainbow.  Now it's 49.  I
choose...

Regards,

Sandy Ives in Ottawa (z4ish, where things are coming alive...but not until OK)

Did you know that ONElist hosts some of the largest lists on the Internet?
http://www.ONElist.com
Our scaleable system is the most reliable free e-mail service on the Internet!