Re: CULT: Bloom Sequence Project - Provisional Indicators List

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 4/28/99 10:37:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jcwalters@bridgernet.com writes:

<<  However, since it gets classified variously by different authorities and
may not be a mid-season bloomer, perhaps it were better to delete it from our
indicators list and replace it with another historic TB, of which you have
offered several choices worthy
 of consideration. >>

I agree.

I mentioned it initially only as a contrast to another older plicata of which
we know a lot of folks are growing misnamed ones of one sort or another, but
as I watch it in the yard I have concluded that while it is classified a
"midseason" TB by 1939 Checklist standards, for me it really consistently
blooms pretty early. If actual checklist "midseason" bloom is a criterion for
you, you''d need to check on those I suggested since I was working from
memory of what actually happens around here, which may or may not be typical,
but is the reality of things as I have witnessed it.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com

Cooking, health, entertainment, travel, politics, business...
http://www.onelist.com
Whatever your interest, ONElist has something for everyone!