Re: CULT: BSP - Provisional Indicators List (2)

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

BSPers,

Many of you have submitted nominations of additional candidates for our
initial list of indicator cultivars during the past 24 hours. I believe we
are reaching the point where we have adequate numbers to work from in most
classes. Therefore, to maintain this process within reasonable bounds, I am
declaring that the opportunity to make further nominations of indicator
cultivars will close at 8:00 p.m. EDT tomorrow (4-29-99). With minimal
preliminary screening, the list of nominations for indicator cultivars
additional to the ones I posted yesterday (4-27-99) is given below.

 Dwarf Bulbous:

 MDB:

 SDB: Dark Crystal

 IB: Florentina (H)*, Harlow Gold, Maui Moonlight

 MTB: Abridged Version, Petite Monet, Pewee (H)*

 BB: Baby Bengal, Jungle Shadows (H)*, Pink Bubbles, Sonja's Selah

 TB: Camelot Rose (H)*, Dusky Challenger, Helen Collingwood (H)*, Ola Kala
(H)*, Pallida        Variegata "Zebra" (H)*, Stepping Out (H)*,
Superstition, Witching

 AB:

 SIB: Eric The Red (H)*, Super Ego (H)*

 SPU: Missouri Rivers, New Vista

 JI: Hue & Cry, Rose Queen (H)*, Silverband, Stately Flamingo

 LA: Cajun Cookery

 * (H)=chosen as a representative Historic indicator

Let me emphasize that, at this time, all these nominations should be
regarded as additional to the ones posted yesterday, and in no sense
represent replacements for any names that appeared on that list. My sense
is that ultimately we will be best served by an initial "official" list
containing no more than six cultivars per class, though perhaps one or two
Historics could be considered above that limit. Let me repeat, that no one
is expected to be growing all of these cultivars, and that at the end of
this year's bloom season it is envisioned that it will be our aim to pare
the indicator's list down to three cultivars per class (not counting
Historics).

A sincere thank you to each one of you who took the time and thought to
suggest additional nominations for our indicators list.

 Jeff Walters
 jcwalters@bridgernet.com
 BSP Coordinator

Cooking, health, entertainment, travel, politics, business...
http://www.onelist.com
Whatever your interest, ONElist has something for everyone!