MED: Bloodspot (was Request for info)

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: "Chris Hollinshead"
> As webmaster and editor of the society newsletter, I often receive
requests
> from people regarding irises.
> **********************************
> I am an editor at a Swedish Gardening Magazine and we are sitting here
with
> a picture of an iris labelled 'Bloodspot'. We can not find the variety in
> any of our gardening books. Is there such an iris or is the name wrong or

Chris,

From the 1969 AIS Checklist:

BLOODSPOT (Tim Craig, R & I '66) SDB 10.5" EE. Arabian red self with
zanzibar spot pattern on F. Sdlg KR 14 X Little Darkie. HM '69, AM '72.

I don't know how that description will translate into Swedish. Come to
think of it, I don't know how that description translates into English! (-:

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Has ONElist changed your life?
http://www.ONElist.com
Visit our homepage and share with us your experiences at ONElist of the Week!