REF: bearded irises was REF: Garden Design Magazine

From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

	Anner wrote:

>Not to sound peevish, and heaven knows it is good to see SOMETHING on bearded
>irises in any of these rags, but did you really think it was all that good,
>Bill?

	There is a piece re TB in Horticulture (May '99) there are pix
	and correctly i.d. of Stepping Out, Thornbird , Mary Frances,
	Silverado, Lady Friend, Dusky Challenger, etc. They also correctly
	i.d. Brown Lasso and pointed out that it was a BB not a TB.

	The iris borer (not our Kathy :) was also mentioned. The piece
	was "adapted from the 'Magic of Irises' by Barbara Perry Lawton,
	1998.

	I was off the list for a while so please excuse this if it was
	mentioned previously. Not a bad 2 pages for the new iris grower.

	Back to the garden and back to planting glad corms and hollyhock
	seeds. Not too cold today...one of the first nights where it didn't

	dip below freezing. The exact low temp was 32.9 F on our digital
	memory thermometer.

	There is hope after all - summer will come to the North Country.
	No daffs yet...still I. reticulata in full bloom. I. danfordiae
	is going, going gone....

	Cheers,

	Ellen (have to buy that maple candy today - we sure don't need
		any more wine - is there going to be a designated tee-
		totaller in the group to help us find our rooms as we
		stagger out into the night ?)

Do you know why...
"The Closer" picked ONElist to host their baseball humor community?
http://www.onelist.com
Because of ONElist's reliable service and live customer support!