REF: bearded irises was REF: Garden Design Magazine

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 4/29/99 10:27:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
e_galla@moose.ncia.net writes:

<< 	There is a piece re TB in Horticulture (May '99) >>

That's good news. I'll have to check it out. I finally did what I had been
mulling and dropped my subscription to that mag after about fifteen years.
Sounds like the world of vegetable journalism, having exhausted the other
genera, are rediscovering the iris.

<< The piece was "adapted from the 'Magic of Irises' by Barbara Perry Lawton,

A book which I found disappointing, frankly.
<<we sure don't need any more wine - is there going to be a designated tee-
totaller in the group to help us find our rooms as we stagger out into the

Sounds like a fine job for young Rusty. He can learn little lessons for life
from close observations of your collective dissipation. The combination of
regional wines and regional candy sounds pretty lethal to me.

Coolish with a nice soft rain today. We needed it. Things looking refreshed
in the yard and provided the inevitable warmup is gradual we might escape
having moisture related fungi amongi.

Dwarf Amsonia blooming. Tree peonies and tulips pretty battered. Little MA
MIE just riding it out like the good little iris she is. Blooms on an
interesting columbine that reseeded. Probably a cross of A. alpina and A.
chrysantha. Coloration just like EDITH WALFORD, whcih for some reason I keep
calleing Edith Wharton these days.

Happy Spring, Ellen.

Anner Whitehead

Has ONElist changed your life?
Visit our homepage and share with us your experiences at ONElist of the Week!