Re: REF: bearded irises was REF: Garden Design Magazine

From: "Martha Brown" <mbrown@pldi.net>

> There is a piece re TB in Horticulture (May '99) there are pix
> and correctly i.d. of Stepping Out, Thornbird , Mary Frances,
> Silverado, Lady Friend, Dusky Challenger, etc. They also correctly
> i.d. Brown Lasso and pointed out that it was a BB not a TB.
> The iris borer (not our Kathy :) was also mentioned. The piece
> was "adapted from the 'Magic of Irises' by Barbara Perry Lawton,
> 1998.
> I was off the list for a while so please excuse this if it was
> mentioned previously. Not a bad 2 pages for the new iris grower.

Add National Gardening  (June 1999) to the list with Iris articles.  Two
pages of text plus a list of their "top choices" of bearded iris.

I am too new to growing Iris to comment on the quality of the article or
their choices but there some nice photos of nine varieties (hopefully
correctly identified).

M Brown
NW Oklahoma, USA
USDA Zone 6b,  Sunset Zone 35

Share the wealth!
Tell a friend about ONElist's 130,000 free e-mail communities!