SPEC: Crested Iris

From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>

I have been growing Crested iris for 20+ years. I have enjoyed them in the
wild for 40+.

I have three blooms so far till I came home from work today. I  have  125+
 blooms today.

The surprise is four different  sports.  The original ones came from
Tennessee and South central Ohio.

1-- light lavender blue falls and stds.  crest-white, yellow streak down
middle, outer edge marked with dark  purple.          Blooms 2 " across

2---Same as above except one shade lighter and almost no purple markings on
outer edge of crest .
Blooms 2 1/2 " across

4.--Same markings ( normal I think )   as number 1 but 3 shades darker.
Blooms 1 /12 " across

5---Pale Violet stds, falls 3/4 white very light yellow streak in
middle of crest. No dark markings at all
Blooms 1 3/4 " across

Are these Sports or bee crosses.  I plan to mark them to keep separate. Any
Comments.?  Seen this before?

I knew there was two different shades. Which one was yours Christy H.( sent
her some)

Mike Greenfield
redear@infinet.com
MVIS AIS  S.W. Ohio

Wanting to get back in touch with old friends?
http://www.onelist.com
Get re-acquainted through a ONElist community.