OT:A poem

From: starlord@QNET.COM (Slc.Dennis Bishop)

From:  Joe Lambert - KMUG

                          A Poem by an Old Timer

                A computer was something on TV
                From a science fiction show of note.
                A window was something you hated to clean....
                And ram was the cousin of a goat.....

               Meg was the name of my girlfriend
               And gig was a job for the nights
               Now they all mean different things
               And that really mega bytes

               An application was for employment
                A program was a TV show
               A cursor used profanity
               A keyboard was a piano

               Memory was something that you lost with age
                A CD was a bank account
               And if you had a 3 "  floppy
               You hoped nobody found out

               Compress was something you did to the garbage
               Not something you did to a file
               And if you unzipped  anything in public
               You'd be in jail for a while

               Log on was adding wood to the fire
               Hard drive was a long trip on the road
               A mouse pad was where a  mouse lived
               And  a backup happened to your commode

               Cut you did with a pocket knife
               Paste you did with glue
               A web was a spider's home
               And a virus was the flu

               I guess I'll stick to my pen and paper
              And the memory in my head
              I hear nobody's been killed in a computer crash
            But when it happens they wish they were dead!

| Bishop Telescope Fund. Aim is to replace the ripped off    |
| scope with either a 6in or larger scope.                   |
| Dennis Bishop, 470 20th St West #23, Roseamond,Ca.93560    |
| Any Old broken scopes taken as donations too.              |

Did you know that you can now set up a shared calendar to
post events of interest to your community?
Check out our homepage for details.