Re: Bloom Season Report

From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

Many more things out today.  Second siberian opened here today and it is
Laughing Brook.  The MTB Payoff is open and has some pods setting, but no
pollen.  Don't know if it doesn't have pollen or the rain washed it off.
Misty Lady opened today and it doesn't have pollen either.  We did use one
of our anthers of Absalom's Treachery pollen on it, so hope it will set a
pod.  Others opening today include the IBs Dart , Hi, and Honey Glazed.  TBs
opening include Buckwheat and Belvi Queen, both good rebloomers.  The
beautiful arilbred Syrian Princess opened today.  I was standing right there
and helped a bit.  Harvested three big anthers with fluffy pollen for later
use and pollinated it with Belvi Queen.  (Buckwheat has no pollen) Monty
Byers said that pollen from Belvi Queen should go on a beautiful modern
flower.  I don't think an arilbred is what Monty had in mind, but the
general idea has been carried out.

Cindy Rust, Missouri

Share the wealth!
Tell a friend about ONElist's 130,000 free e-mail communities!