Re: Bloom report:

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

Well, I sent a report yesterday, but so far it has not mae the list on
my screen.  Our weather has turned too warm and the iris blooms
don't like it, so unless there is something exceptional which occurs,
I will not post another report.  The irises still too come will be dealing
with  weather not to their liking and so their performance will be
stymied.  Late blooming varieties are nearly always going to get in
this situation.
 BLACK GAMECOCK, an LA opened with ten blooms.  Good
 start.  TOASTED WATERMELON - not sure I would exactly describe
 the name as the color.  Rusty brown with a touch of burgundy.  This
 is the sort of color which often fades dreadfully in the Texas sun, so
 will be interested in the fading qualities.  RUSTY MAGNIFICANCE
will also fit in this category.  It is truly more rust colored than the
description led me to expect.  Toward orange rust.  RAKU BLAZE.
AUTUMN ACCENT - a nice yellow near the color found on GOLD
GALORE.  Shorter stalk on maiden bloom.  The variety bought as
GREEN AND GIFTED bloomed three stalks - all red purple selfs with
dull orange beards tipped gray blue and with slight brown orange
shoulder markings.  Not remarkable nor distinctive in any way.
 Donald Eaves
 Texas Zone 7

Looking for an easy, effective way to research an important topic?
Joining a ONElist community is your answer.