From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Walter,

This sounds like what has happened to me this year.  I thought
SATAN'S MISTRESS was infertile, but found fluffy pollen and
daubed on the TBs.  They all took!  Only a reciprocal cross didn't
take.  The result is that I have 5 pods with SM as the pollen parent
and 5 pods from all my other planned crosses combined.  And I
was only using it to practice since my results had been so bad.   Now
there hasn't been any pollen for over a week.  The weather or bugs
or whatever, so probably the ten will be it.  I tried SP, but no luck
on my part.

'Course, it's a long way from a green pod to a blooming plant anyway.
Also, this is more an exercise in curiosity on my part than anything
else.  I'm hoping I don't get hooked.  It's not like I don't have plenty
to do here on the Kettle homestead.

New hobbies? New curiosities? New enthusiasms?
Sign up for a new e-mail list today!