Re: COMP:Iris database?

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

AHKAtelier@aol.com wrote:
> From: AHKAtelier@aol.com
> Hi All!
> I have been trying to record my irises in a database.  I have been using
> Microsoft Office 98 on a MacIntosh.  I'm not that familiar with Microsoft
> Excel so I keep making mistakes and end up trying again.  I would like to
> link my entries to a data page with photos at some point.  The bottom line is
> I am disappointed with what I've done so far and would love some information
> on database type programs others are using that they're happy with.  Any
> hints?

The absolute best program for that is 4D by Acius Software (http://www.acius.com/)

It is not a lightweight program but will do exactly what you want.

Another database program that can probably do that job for you is Helix.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Did you know that we add over 1,000 new e-mail communities every day?
Explore a new hobby, discover a new friend, laugh at a new joke!