Re: TB:HIST:Elusive Turquoise

From: "Dorothy A. Stiefel" <daf10@cornell.edu>

At 02:27 PM 4/30/99 EDT, you wrote:
From: Iarejan@aol.com

>Anner,
>    I have seen NAVAHO JEWEL described as a blue/turquoise...have you seen
it
>and is it merely blue to your eye?   I've never seen it except in
>pictures....and I've mulled over growing it just to see what it will look
>like in my soil.   I also love the idea of turquoise and cerulean...(when
>it's really cerulean) is also a favorite.   Appreciate your input.

Janet--I'm not Anner, but can't keep my disappointment to myself re: NAVAJO
JEWEL.  First,  I waited for the price to come down a bit....then ordered
it and got NAVAJO BLANKET instead....at least, I assume that's what it was;
sure looked the part.

Okay, I've already waited several years to see this turquoise iris.  Now,
the real thing  turns out to be a "dwindler" in my garden/climate....so I
nursed it thorough several seasons of cold-induced (I think)
rot.....finally it bloomed!!!

It was BLUE, NOT turquoise.  Not even real close, to my eye.  Well...let me
tell you, that was one of my greatest Moments of Iris Disappointment.

It would be nice to think that it would be turquoise somewhere. Maybe it's
in the eye of the beholder.....

Dorothy Stiefel
Dryden, NY

Start a new hobby.  Meet a new friend.
http://www.onelist.com
ONElist:  The leading provider of free e-mail list services!