Re: Bloom report - one more

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

It turned off cool and the irises have responded in kind, so I'm going
to do this one more.  Primarily I have to restate RAKU BLAZE.  I
made no comment on the post because it was such a disappointment
yesterday.  The first day, cloudy, it appeared completely dull and not
at all having any of the watercolor aspects which I found appealing on
Aitken's website.  It is in a color combo that I ordinarily don't like
so I just chalked it up as another case of lying photos.  What a difference
a day makes!  Today it is sunny.  Whether it was day in the Texas sun
or a day into a maturing bloom, it achieved the qualities which I found
so attractive.  It truly has the watercolor effect.  A subtle blending of
quite different shades of color, impossible for the eye to delineate where
a color stops and another takes over.  Very nice.  I'm voting that it is
the sun, since there are more new blooms today and they have the effect
the first day.  Only other new one is COPPER CLASSIC.  This rhizome
was not a very good one and I've had to pamper this one to get it to go,
so was not expecting any bloom.  It is almost identical to TOASTED
WATERMELON, just a tad brighter and just a tad less ruffled maybe.
Since they are planted side x side, I'll have to be careful they don't grow
together as clumps.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7

Grow your list the most and receive a $5000 donation
to the charity of your choice.
See our homepage for details on our new ONEreach incentive programs.