Re: OT: need help please identifying

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net>

Hi Denise!  That's a great description, and I compared it with all the
yellowish SDBs that I have in bloom, but it doesn't quite match what I
grow.  My recommendation is to try getting a photo of it that you can post
to the IRIS-PHOTO list.  I've had some unknown irises identified there.
(Though it's not the best way to get an iris identified.)

Do you have any idea how new the iris is?  Is it a recent introduction, or
something that's been growing in your great grandma's garden for the last
100 years?  Knowing approximately how old an iris is can help tremendously
in identifying it.

Good luck!
Dennis in Cincinnati

>From: Denise Stewart <stewartd@proaxis.com>
>
>Hi All
>        I have a dwarf iris SDB 9" tall, palest yellow S and F, on the
>Falls loo
>ks
>like someone has taken olive green mixed with the tiniest bit of purple and
>brushed it on the petals starting at the B and brushing outward on the F,
>running out of paint before reaching the outer edges, and this is like with
>a very small fine tepped brush.  B is yellow.
>        Does anyone have any ideas? if so please help me...
>Thanks
>Denise in OR zone 7, where today it is sunny:) and the iris are starting to
>show...

Want to learn more about your list users...?
their opinions, interests, thoughts?
http://www.onelist.com
You can now survey them with our new User Survey Tool
Check out our homepage for details.