Re:CULT:shade cloth

To make a great shade cloth cover--use chicken wire--stretched across
boards--we use 2 x 4's--tack the chicken wire down and then put the shade
cloth over the wire--use a cloth of about 50% shade--and it really helps--
I have been told by Dahlia growers in the Mid-west that this is the way they
do it--so we did this as a patio cover--about 5 years now and no signs of
wear--also did a drop-down piece on one end--cuts the wind so there is less
flower damage from the winds--
A large commercial Dahlia Nursery north of us in Kalispell--who sells tubers
and cut flowers-- uses the same method to protect his many acres of
dahlias--you can water over the top-using rainbird sprinkler heads and the
water gently drips through--and does not harm the flowers--as regular
overhead sprinkling--
We did the same for part of my Mother-in-laws' yard--in the Sacramento
valley--to protect her flower beds--hotter than blazes there--for
months--and it worked great!!!
We got the shade cloth at Home Depot---Good luck--Carryl in western Montana
zone 3/4--where it is still hot, but smoke is not so bad this morning--

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....
http://click.egroups.com/1/7009/0/_/486170/_/965227712/